To get started with our API, we provide comprehensive documentation on how to consume our API. Our API implementation follows the JSON API Standard. We suggest to have a look at that first, if you are unfamilliar with that.
Making requests - in a nutshell
All requests you send to our API follow the same schema.
1. Get your access key
If you didn’t register yet, please do so here. After signing in, you will find your access token to send requests to the API.
2. Add request headers
Don’t forget to add these headers for every request you submit to the API.
|Authorization||Bearer [Your API Token]|
3. Submit a request to our API
If you want to talk to our Robo Accounting API, choose either one of these requests.
|POST||Upload a new document|
|GET||Request a specific document|
4. How to test API calls
Our preferred tool to test any API communication is Postman. It is also available as an extension for Google Chrome, if you don’t want to run it as a seprate application.
To implement our API, we suggest to read through our documentation. Some examples you might find useful:
- Find out more about Authentication.
- Check out the http Error Codes in case things don’t work out as expected.
- Read our guideline on how to search and filter your result collection.
- Understand the processing workflow, and how it relates to you.
- Find out about the datastructures of the Extraction Documents: Document, Accounting Document, Addresses.
- Find out how custom fields can help you implementing your solution.
Finally, if you have any questions… Feel free to get in touch, we’re happy to help.